Sculptra is an FDA-approved injectable that helps gradually replace lost collagen—the most common protein in the body that is used to form a framework to support cells and tissue—for results that can last up to two years.
How does Sculptra work?
As a poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) collagen stimulator, Sculptra helps restore the deep, underlying structure of the skin to diminish facial wrinkles.
Sculptra works with your body within the deep dermis to help revitalize collagen production and help restore your skin’s inner structure and volume.
As the Sculptra PLLA microparticles are absorbed, they help stimulate collagen production. Rebuilt collagen strands begin gradually helping to restore facial volume and the look of fullness to wrinkles and folds. Sculptra may stimulate collagen growth which helps to restore facial volume and the look of fullness to wrinkles and folds over time.
SLOW AND STEADY STRENGTH
Sculptra is made with biocompatible, biodegradable, synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which is gradually and naturally absorbed by the body and helps to rebuild lost collagen through a series of treatments administered by a trained specialist.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Sculptra is used to correct shallow to deep wrinkles and folds on the face. Administered with the appropriate injection technique from a trained specialist, Sculptra is clinically approved for:
- Deep folds between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds), also called “smile lines”
- Lines framing the mouth (marionette lines)
- Chin wrinkles
- Any injection can hurt, but the needles used for Sculptra® injections are very small, so pain is usually minimal. In addition, we use numbing cream which is applied 5 – 10 minutes before treatment and cool air flow during your treatment to further minimize any discomfort.
Botox is injected into the chewing (masseter and temporalis) jaw muscles, which will relax them and relieve TMJ strain. These injections will help relieve the tension of the muscles and they will be unable to enact the powerful strain that can cause the pain or headaches. The jaw muscles will be relaxed with treatment and you will still have full use of all your other facial muscles, you will just feel less pain in the TMJ area. The treatments take only 10 to 20 minutes. Relief can usually be felt between one to two days and some may take up to a couple of weeks for full relief.
Yes. Register for the ASPIRE rewards program to earn rewards, bonuses and discounts.
- The amount of Sculptra® you’ll need depends entirely on a few contributing factors. On average, a series of three treatment sessions over the course of a few months may be needed. The number of injections at each session will vary, depending on the degree of correction needed and the treatment plan determined by you and your specialist.
- 100% of patients showed clinical improvement for up to 2 years.
Sculptra is designed to give you noticeable results that emerge gradually and can last up to two years.* Don’t be disappointed if you don’t see immediate results. A few days after treatment, you may look as you did before treatment. This is normal and temporary. The Sculptra regimen delivers its full effects with an average of three treatment sessions over the course of a few months. Because results happen gradually, you’ll see subtle, yet noticeable, results in the reduction of facial wrinkles and folds by comparing images before treatment and a couple months following treatment.
- Are there any specific post treatment instructions?
- Redness and swelling are normal. Bruising may also be visible
- Do not travel by airplane within 24-48 hours after treatment
- You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last a few hours or a few days
- Depending upon the area(s) treated and product(s) used, you may feel “firmness” in the treated area(s)
- Apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising
- Avoid placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few hours and up to 2 or 3 days. Be very gentle when cleansing your face or applying makeup
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort
- AVOID – Advil, Aleve, Aspirin, or any type of anti-inflammatory medications
- Avoid extended UV exposure and sub tanning beds until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen when outdoors
- If you experience significant bruising/swelling following your treatment, untreated bruising/swelling will generally fade in 5 to 14 days.
Existing Video Training:
Existing Video Ad: